Heartworm/Flea & Tick Preventative
Provide year-round pet heartworm & flea prevention. Choose chewables, topicals, or collars. Regular check-ups ensure ongoing protection.
Comprehensive Heartworm & Flea Preventative Care
At Serenity Animal Hospital, we prioritize your furry companions’ well-being with year-round heartworm and flea preventative for all dogs and cats. Our expert team will discuss and select the most suitable preventive measures, backed by a variety of in-stock options for heartworm and flea protection. With quality products like Heartgard, Nexgard, Proheart, and Simparica Trio for dogs, and Revolution Plus for cats, rest assured your pets are safeguarded against various pests and diseases. Additional heartworm, flea, and tick medications are also available through our convenient online pharmacy. Trust us for vet-recommended, proactive care that supports your pet’s longevity and happiness.
- We recommend that all dogs and cats take heartworm and flea preventative all year round for their entire lives.
- Dogs need to be tested for heartworm disease after six months of age if they have not been on preventative. They are then tested annually.
- We have a variety of heartworm and flea preventatives in stock to fit the needs of your pet. A doctor or technician will talk to you, and together we can figure out what best fits the needs of your pet.
- Products we have in stock at the hospital:
- Heartgard (chewable) – Heartworms, roundworms, hookworms
- Nexgard (chewable) – Fleas and 4 species of ticks
- Proheart 6- injectable heartworm prevention and hookworm control. Will protect any dog over six months of age for six months.
- Proheart 12- injectable heartworm prevention and hookworm control. Will protect any dog over 12 months of age for 12 months.
- Simparica Trio – The only “All-in-One” heartworm, flea and tick medication
- All other heartworm, flea, and tick medications are available through our online pharmacy
- Revolution Plus: topical medication for prevention and control of fleas, three species of tick, heartworm, ear mites, roundworm, and hookworm
Our heartworm/flea & tick preventative services are designed to protect the ones you love most. Heartworms, fleas, and ticks can cause severe health issues for pets, leading to discomfort, pain, and, in some cases, life-threatening conditions. By utilizing our preventive measures, you offer your pets a chance to thrive without the burden of preventable diseases.